Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Confession....again.

Another confession to make.
I know, I know my previous confession was not that big of a deal most people already knew and acknowledged it before I even did.
But this...this is different. So here goes....
I did not fall in love at first sight with Sophie.

Photobucket

I loved her ohhh my did I love her. I loved her with every part of me in a fierce mama bear sorta way. I loved her in an overwhelming way, she was my world total and complete.
But...I was not in love...there were not any birds singing, no bells ringing, no bright puffy clouds and skipping along humming a little tune. It was hard. I never ever expected that. I have fallen in love at first sight with babies in the checkout stand wanting to hug and kiss and squeeze them with love.
But not with my own baby...I didn't feel that overwhelming joyous rush of sticky sweet love. I knew that it would just take time....just take getting to know this little human being that I carried for nine months that I was caring for the very best I could despite the difficulties! There is only one problem with the it will just take time thing....I am extremely impatient!
And then one day about a month ago I looked at Sophie and just started to cry. At last the bells were ringing out at last we were skipping along down the gumdrop trail filled with birds singing and the prettiest puffy clouds you have ever seen!
I was thrilled with love for her....and it was such a rush I just had to squeeze her! And it just keeps getting better!
And I know how cheesy it is but every time I hear this song I think of my beautiful little girl!

Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Oh you know, you know, you know
Id never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are


Photobucket
Sorry the picture is so fuzzy but she is so cute!
And its all so true.

1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with all of you this Thanksgiving...But I did fall in love with Sophie as soon as her auntie Corin posted her pictures...Our Pastor was talking about how we sometimes look at a child and wonder, "What kind of person will this little one be?!" I looked at Corin and said, "Sophie is going to be a leader!" I truly believe that! She is going to be one Godly woman with wonderful words of love for God, her momma, her daddy and her SPECIAL FAMILY! You are an amazing mom, doing an amazing job Katie! Your Mom made a comment to me on Thanksgiving...She said, "I haven't worked a 'real' job for a long time and I am adjusting to working...Oh my, what a humble woman of God your mom is...She has worked her heart out, for YEARS! Doing the 'most' important job any person could do...She raised 6 wonderful human beings who love God...What more could one person do that would make such an POSITIVE impact on the imperfect world?! Oh, by the way...Just the way you are is one of my favorite songs! And it is totally fitting for your little angel! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete