Monday, September 13, 2010

Confession

I have a difficult baby. There I said it.
It has been very difficult for me to acknowledge that or even say it out loud. Partially because I don't want to seem like a wuss and mostly because I don't want anyone to think for a second that just because Sophie is difficult that I am not head over heals in love with her. I don't want anyone to think I am complaining or that I would change anything. Well maybe I would change it a little bit ! -)

I am very much so the happiest I have every been in my entire life. Literally all my dreams have come true! I am married to an amazing, wonderful, fantastic man who also happens to be my very best friend that I love spending time with. I have a beautiful little girl that I waited for impatiently for for over two years crying so many times because I could not wait to have her! I am blessed to be able to stay at home and devote my life to raising my children something that I feel I was made to do.
However......Sophie is a challenge....she challenges me to be patient to be kind and loving when I am at my most frustrated. She challenges me to push through sleep deprivation to give her my best even when I feel like I could fall over. She challenges me to endure through the discomfort and to look for and be grateful for the blessings that are mixed in with the challenge.
And I have this feeling that the challenge will continue for quite some time......and I also have this feeling that there is a very good reason that Sophie is my challenge child that it is good for me and that I will learn so much.
And oh how I love my challenge baby! She is as much a part of me as my arms are a part of me. She fills the great big whole that has been empty without her. She smiles and coos and sometimes cry's her way deeper into my heart every day.
And in the spirit of confession may I present. Crying baby....



Sorry about the loud annoying whistling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment