Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Plan..."Cry baby, cry make your mama sigh"!

#1. Ween her off of the "cuddle blankets".
#2. Get her on more of a regular schedule.
#3. Ween her off the swaddle.
#4. Help her learn to go to sleep on her own.

#4. Despite my somber title things have actually gone fairly well! I am almost embarrassed that I put this off for so long because apparently all my worry that it was going to be horrible was for nothing. Just another huge number of hours of my life wasted on worry! uhhhg!

Soooo I wrote the above two days after we started with sleep training. Sophie tricked us and it is not doing quite as well as the above seems to imply. She is still doing MUCH better than I though but let me just say......this. is. hard.
So far she goes down at night the best with a minuscule 20 min of crying and for the most part no crying at all. She goes down for most of her naps with no crying and sometimes crying for 20 - 30 min. So you say what is the problem what are you complaining about?
Nap length. :-(
She only sleeps for 30 - 45 min tops and we were trying to help her extended those nap times. I have since given up on that!!!! I know she is not getting quite as much daytime sleep as she needs to but we will work on that later. Right now its just too much to do both go to sleep and stay asleep!

#2. To be attempted some other time. Bed time is now between 7:45 and 8:00 pm and wake up is usually around 8:30 am and thats all we got so far!

Check it out! Parrot baby!

Photobucket

Also ten points to whomever can correctly tell me what TV show the quote in the post title is from. I will give you a hint: It is from the episode that was supposed to be the show's pilot.
Trevor you can't play!

3 comments:

  1. Ok sorry I need to correct the quote it should be: "Cry baby, cry make your mother sigh" ....anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my; nap difficulties is exactly what i'm struggling with (and have been since september). right now i'm reading the "cry it out" book by ferber and the "no cry solutions". and of course i'm confused on what to do. LOL. definitely post updates on how things are going / if they are improving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! And am so glad I am not the only one! Sadly we have struggled with sleep issues from about 2 weeks...I also read several books and just freaked out not knowing what to do after! I will let you know how things go! Good luck to you as well.

    ReplyDelete