Thursday, September 23, 2010

When good days go bad!

So last week due to the magic of the Baby Bjorn I was able to go to Wal-Mart for a whole 45 min with NO problems! Sophie did great only fussing a bit towards the end.

It was so funny when people would notice her and say something like "ohh what a cute baby" I wanted to say.... "Thanks so much I would stop and let you look at her but if I do she will start crying, sorry!!!!" but I just smiled said thank you and kept walking!
So after the wonderfully successful Wal-Mart run I put her in the car and she fell right to sleep. Really good sleep where she stays asleep not the kind where she wakes up every time the car stops moving which makes red lights go from being a minor annoyance to evil torture that will surly never end!
So I bravely decided to drive buy a couple of parks so I can see the pavilion's available so I can decide which one to have Sophie's dedication at. We make it to one park no problem! Then I stop to get gas also no problem.....until.....I went to start the car up and. OH DEAR. The car would not start.
Now I have had my share of dumpy cars over they years so this is not the first time that a car has not started for me. This is however the first time that a car has not started with a two month old baby with me! Its a whole new experience!!!
I called Trevor and we tried to figure out what was wrong with no luck. Fortunately I am blessed to have an abundant amount of family that lives in the area so I called my mom and she and my dad were able to come out and help me.
We went into the gas station to get out of the heat and I walked Sophie around the isles as I laughed to myself about the whole situation.. Of course it was a gas station with a nasty bathroom with nowhere to change Sophie!
Mom and dad got there pretty quickly and it turns out that the battery just needed a jump Sophie and I went right home after that and took a nap!

2 comments: