Friday, September 17, 2010

Two things I Love

I am generally a very upbeat person. I am an eternal optimist.
However.
When things get hard or are not exactly how I want them to be I tend to slip into a bit of self pity. I obsess about what is wrong and start wishing that I could just "skip to the end" or at least to a better part.
I have struggled all my life to enjoy the now and to not think only of what is to come trying to rush towards the next step thinking that if I could only be doing (insert whatever I was not currently doing here) then everything would be great. After about 20 years of that I finally began to learn that it didn't work. So now I have to be intentional in living for now and not for tomorrow.
In that vein I present Two things I Love I will try and post them regularly but I make no promises since life with a fussy two month old is very unpredictable.

# 1
Tiny Socks in the Dryer

Photobucket

Nothing compares to pulling the laundry out of the dryer and left behind as if they were perfectly and purposely placed are tiny little socks that say....OH my you have a tiny little baby. That's right YOU have a tiny baby!!!!!! Its thrilling and oh so joyful!

#2
Flowers for your Anniversary

Photobucket

They sit on the kitchen table and not only do they look pretty and bring a little big of the fresh and beauty of nature into the house they also remind you that yep... you are loved!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment