Friday, October 15, 2010

The Plan.. Update

So despite some discouragement and sometimes feeling that "The plan" will never ever work or help and I am just fooling myself there is some positive results!


#1. Ween her off the "cuddle blankets": See number 3
#2. Get her on more of a regular schedule: So far all we have down is bed (sorta) and wake time. I bathe her at 8:30am every night then she nurses and she is completely down for the night by 10 or 10:30 between holding her asleep and her waking up after I have put her down. More on this in number 4.
#3. Ween her off the swaddle: Done!!! Check her out in pajamas! I have been so sad because as she tends to be a bit hot natured she would get extremely sweaty and hot with both the swaddle and jammies on so she has slept in just a diaper and the swaddle for quite some time. I was so excited that she finally sleeps in her cute pajamas! And with the swaddle gone somehow she didn't seem to need the "cuddle blankets" so those just went away!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

#4. Help her learn to go to sleep on her own: *sigh* this starts tonight :( I have a sleep sheep that I am hoping she will learn to associate with falling asleep as well as help to sooth and calm her. I am planning on letting her cry for 30 min to 1 hour depending on how upset she gets. I am trying to schedule company for when Trevor is at work so that I don't go crazy! Poor baby she has to learn to go to sleep by herself but this not going to be fun!!! I am hoping that once putting her to sleep is not a 20 min to an hour or more process and once she can nap for longer than an hour at a time then we can keep to a schedule a little bit better. 


So thats the plan.........................................................*gulp*! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...she is the cutest baby that ever was. :) I'll come help you ANY time you want :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete