Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Purple Punisher

So we have been dealing with a case of what I originally thought was thrush but apparently was a bacterial infection. Nursing had started to become slightly painful right after Sophie turned 6 weeks old. Buy the middle of last week it was getting to be as painful as when I first started nursing. So on Thursday of last week I called the midwife and they suggested that we try treating it with Gentian Violet. After what seemed like a global search we finally found some at a local pharmacy and I started using it.
And the purple people eater baby ensued:

Photobucket

Photobucket

By Saturday things had gotten much worse! Nursing was extremely painful so I called the midwife again and they referred me to a lactation consultant. Rounds of phone calls later I had a prescription for an antibiotic and a topical treatment.

After the second day of treatment:
Photobucket

In her purple outfit in honor of her purple mouth:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I am happy to say that things are MUCH better now!

And now!! Sophie speaks!
That was a couple of weeks ago right around the time when she first started talking and now she has really found her voice and will talk for several minuets at a time and quite loudly!
Look out world her she comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment