Thursday, July 22, 2010

2 Weeks!

Baby Sophie is two weeks old! It is hard to believe but she is already half of a month old!

And I can now say that the newborn faze only lasts a short time for a reason! Its intense! Nothing can prepare you for the constant overwhelming need that this little life presents! But even more so nothing can prepare you for the amazing emotional journey having a new baby will take you on!
I must confess .... I was not prepared to sometimes not know what to do and I was also not expecting that this would be so...well...hard!!! I know - I know people tell you but you just don't have any idea until it happens to you!





Lets see things that have happened over the past two weeks. Her umbilical cord is all off and she has taken two full baths! The first one she screamed through because I was silly and did not feed her before her bath. She has seen the pediatrician this week and gained almost a pound since we left the hospital! She had her poor heal stuck today for her 2nd newborn screening and screamed and cried and was very angry. Her dark hair is getting lighter every day! I am wondering if it is going to fall out or if it will just turn lighter. I hope it sticks around!
Dad and I love her so very much and are so happy to finally have our little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment